SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (KELO-AM) - The city of Sioux Falls has released general information to help residents who are coping with tree damage or power loss due to the ice storm.
Two shelters have been opened for Sioux Falls residents requiring shelter.
- Sioux Empire Chapter American Red Cross, 808 West Avenue North. This location can accommodate 75 to 100 people. People coming to the shelter should arrive and register by 10 p.m. Please bring your own comfort items, such as a pillow, blanket, toiletries and prescription medications. Do not bring valuables, weapons, drugs, alcohol or pets (except service animals).
- Salvation Army, 800 N. Cliff Ave. This location is a warming shelter (no beds available) and is for adults only. Hours of operation are 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Pets are fine left in homes without power.
Downed Trees and Branches
- If you have reports of downed trees or branches blocking roadways within the City of Sioux Falls, call 605-367-8255. Please do not call this number for branches downed on private property.
- Two free tree/branch drop-off areas are open for Sioux Falls residents.
- City Street Department – 1000 E. Chambers
- Sioux Empire Fair Grounds – N. Lyons Blvd.
To report power outages, contact your electric service provider:
- Xcel Energy – 1-800-895-1999
- Southeast Electric – 1-800-333-2859
- Sioux Falls Light and Power – 605-373-6979
Sioux Valley Energy – 1-800-234-1960
- Right now the City will not be enforcing the 48-hour time period for sidewalk snow and ice removal. Use caution when clearing snow and ice from your property.
- The City will not be using snowgates during this snow-removal operation.
CLICK HERE for more official tips and information