Sioux Falls, S.D. (KELO AM) - Sioux Falls Fire Rescue responded to 421 North Walts Avenue for a structure fire at approximately 10:30 p.m. last night.
First-arriving units found a fire inside a clothes dryer located in the basement. The fire was extinguished with a fire extinguisher and the fire was under control in approximately five minutes. The fire was contained to the dryer. The house sustained smoke damage.
The resident was at home at the time of the fire and had exited the building prior to the fire department’s arrival. There were no civilian or firefighter injuries.
Sioux Falls Fire Rescue responded with two support vehicles, five fire trucks, and twenty two firefighters. The house did not have a residential sprinkler system, but did have working smoke detectors. The cause of the fire is under investigation. Sioux Falls Fire Rescue would like to remind citizens to check their smoke detectors monthly to ensure they are working.